Wednesday, November 15, 2006

it's electric...


I learned how to install lighting this weekend. Notice I said INSTALL not replace. I did replace one fixture, but the pendants and recessed light were all new, so we had to run the wiring from the soffit to the wall switch. (Which explains the next picture.)


On the left is the soffit. You can barely make out the hole Patrick cut for the recessed light. There is a yellow wire hanging out of it. The recessed light was a piece of cake to put in. The easiest of all. However, the 2x4 covering half the hole made it a little difficult. I eventually got it all out, only to discover that the hole was too small. Since that was Patrick's fault, I graciously stepped aside and let him shave the hole so the light would fit. (Shaving it would not have been a big deal if it weren't for the 2x4 we had to shave off more of.) Anyway, the wall switch is on the right, so we had to cut a few guide holes in the ceiling to get the wire across. Getting it down the wall is a whole other story.

I would tell you all the stories, but I am too tired and stressed right now. Hopefully we'll get the oven in tonight. Say a prayer for us.

No comments: