
The picture you've all been waiting for. (Look, Angie, I'm wearing my Oaklandish shirt) That
is our new 2005 Dodge Caravan. On our way back from the Thanksgiving trip to Virginny, we decided that it was time. The Jeep is just not comfortable enough to travel in anymore. And with a month full of road trips ahead of us, we realized that we would just have to suck it up and have a car payment again. So, after a few days of research, we found this. It met our criteria: low mileage, in our budget, and here in town. I really like it, and although some people may insist I should feel otherwise, I don't feel like a dorkmom. Thankfully, the car I drive does not define who I am. That is the Lord's job. If the car is even only a reflection, it is a hazy one. Why are we so afraid of minivans anyway? What does it say, that I am into having a lot of kids? Well, I am. That I like to be able to walk down the middle of the interior of my car? Well, I do. That we are now entering the abyss that is suburban parenthood? Well, hey, I was already here. I might as well be practical about it. Parenthood is not really an abyss, anyway. More like a redemption. And an awakening. And a promise.
2 comments:
Great car, comfortable and traveling in style! I haven't heard the dorkmom mini-van connection, but I have a teenager so being called a dorkmom may be a step up from the nerdy parents comments I do hear!
Conrgt's on the soon to be new addition to the family. Don't worry about the mini-van thing. The soccer field parking lot will be full of them. We had at least 3!
Post a Comment