I think our toilet in the hall bathroom is broken. And by broken I mean leaking all over the floor. Yum. I think it just leaks when it is flushed. Of course, Patrick has the MUN conference at UF this weekend, so he will not be able to fix it. I don't doubt that I could do it myself as I am quite handy, (stop laughing, I really am) but I have 3 little reasons that would be running around unoccupied, most likely splashing around the house in toilet water, while I wrestled a toilet. Plus, toilets are heavy.
Anyway, not much has been going on here. I do have one funny story from when we were at Satchel's last weekend. The kids were kinda screaming while we were sitting in the booth (they were excited; we were at Satchels!). Well, Patrick and I were all, "You guys have to calm down or we will have to leave." and making the stern face when a man in the booth next to us sneezed this really loud, old man, barky kinda sneeze. (I am laughing even as I type this. I am not sure it was even that funny.) Ceci leans over and says in a whispery voice, "I heared a doggie in here." I lost it. So much for the stern face. I could hardly tell it to Patrick. Maybe it was so funny to me (I'm crying here) because when the guy sneezed, I thought, "Man, that was loud, and rather dog-like." And then she said that within seconds of me thinking that. Although Patrick laughed pretty hard too.
I don't think I have mentioned our wrong number problem. As some of you know, we have a VERY easy phone number. It is also easily confused with, oh, any number in the phonebook. I think the conversation goes like this:
"Hmmm, what is the number for GRU/T-Mobile/The Orthopedic Center/Hunter's Run Apartments/Alex Powers/your mom (just to name a few)? I think it's (insert my # here). I'll try it."
"ring, ring"
I answer quickly because most likely it is naptime. "Hello."
"Hi, is this GRU/T-Mobile/The Orthopedic Center/Hunter's Run/ Alex Powers/your mom?"
me: "No." click.
This can happen upwards of 7 times a day. It generally happens at least once a day.
Why don't we change our number? Too much work. I'll just keep hanging up.
Now, don't you take this as your opportunity to call my house an fake a wrong number call. I will hang up on you, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment