***WARNING! The following post may contain adult content***
Actually, there is something on my mind. So, lately, during any type of imaginary play, H & C have been talking in these mad kind of tones. It led me to weeding out their movie library because some of the movies, I have realized, may be contributing to this. Then I started thinking about next year and Henry going to school, and ugh. I am not at all excited about what he may be picking up. So then I thought maybe I should just homeschool him. Let me tell you that this would be a HUGE stretch for me. Why? You say. Is she not a teacher, and a phenomenal one at that? Yes, I am, a middle school teacher. And, the thought of teaching my own child at home while also caring for my 2 other children AND doing all the household stuff I already do is daunting to say the least. I never thought I would be a homeschool mom. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...) But do I want my 5 year old coming home telling me about how so and so shot himself in the head, or that this person said he hates him, or, "Hey Mommy, what's a blow job?" (Ask your father.) Not really. I know there is curriculum and groups, and there is a school here that is part homeschool, but it is really expensive and there is probably a waiting list. And I sometimes think, "I know enough people. Couldn't we just do some sort of co-op thing?" But where and who would organize it and who would even really commit to it. Anyway, so that is my dilemma. I will probably just end up sending him to public school so he can be a light in the darkness, blah blah blah. It just seems like a big job for little shoulders. At least he won't shoulder it alone.
2 comments:
Joffre and I have decided to homeschool and one of the reasons is that we don't think kids should be put in the line of fire in public school. I had to fight battles in public school that were over my head at the time and I was humiliated by students and teachers. I don't want my kids to have to fight till they are older and well trained.My history book in school said Jesus was a myth. Kids are easily conditioned by things like that.I'd love to be able to afford private school because I like school but it's too expensive. It is daunting but at least you start with Kindergarten.Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.
I'll send you an e-mail...I LOVE your thoughts and have thought a lot about this myself, being a teacher and all...
Post a Comment