Tuesday, July 22, 2008

high-fives

Malcolm demonstrating one of his new tricks; Ceci vocalizing her frustration with her Leapster.

Malcolm is 11 months old now.  He is learning all kinds of new things.  He will clap on command (he's been doing this for a while, but it is still my favorite.  It's those chubby little hands and the face of delight).  He is doing "sooo big!"  He will point at things and say, "dat!"  He will wave, and he will give a high five.  I will try to get a video uploaded of him doing these things.  He is also crawling, pulling up on things and pushing every chair we own around the house.  I would not say he is close to walking.  He is also a repeater.  If I say, "No, no."  He says, "nanananana!"  If Ceci and Henry are screaming, he's say, "Ahhhhh!" in this little high pitched voice.  

So, things are moving along here.  Henry is in his third week of tennis, and he really enjoys it.  I think individual sports like tennis and swimming are going to be a better fit for him.  He seems to have a hard time with the pressure of being on a team.  He takes tennis very seriously.  The instructor actually asked if he was enjoying it because he looks so serious all the time.  He also taught himself to swim this summer.  I give Farmor the credit.  She set him up with swimmies and this floatie that goes around his chest.  He took the swimmies off after a week or two.  We (conveniently) forgot the floatie yesterday, and after about 20 minutes, he was swimming all over the pool.  It is truly amazing considering he was deathly afraid of the water two months ago.   I also made sure he was in a pool 3 to 4 times a week.  Now Ceci, she is another story...

When I asked her at the beginning of the summer what class she would like to take this summer, she said swim lessons.  Now, when we go to the pool, she plays on the steps and insists I carry her around the pool.  She will not wear a floatie of any kind.  If you know Ceci, you know she is her own woman.  There is no talking her into things.  That is why I felt so bad for that sweet little swim teacher trying to get her to blow bubbles.  She'd probably have better luck with Malcolm!  Hopefully Ceci will warm up to the idea.  We'll see how it goes today.

So, that is just a little update on the kiddos for all you family and friends afar.  I will post some more entertaining stories when I get a chance. 







1 comment:

The Allison Family said...

so 'bout time for another then? 11 months already? Time sure does fly...