Dinner has become a race. No, not between Henry and Ceci, as you incorrectly assumed. A race between Malcolm and me. A race to see if I can cut him enough pieces, (and I must cut them because he does not use his, oh, EIGHT teeth to chew, no, no, he swallows food whole) so that I can actually eat a bite of food myself before he begins his "NENENENENENENENE!" that he will continue to do until you lay another heap of food in front of him. So, basically, for every 17 bites he takes, I take 1.
He's the fastest eater of all of us, yet he's always the last to finish.
6 comments:
I got so frustrated by that when mine were that age.You'd think it would be an excellent weight loss program but it has yet to work for me. I just wolf down as much as I can at the end of the meal.
This has nothing to do with your post. Just wanted to let you know that I've given into "You should have a blog". I officially started today and might need a 12 step program to stop. LL
Mira's the same way with pancakes! I have to have three in front of me at all times--one to feed her, one that's already cut up and is cooling, and one that I'm currently cutting up. I hate pancakes. . .
I've seen this first hand. Al, your not going to win this battle. No way, no how.
Yes, this is why I eat my meals standing up at the counter...shoving anything I can get my hands on into my mouth as quickly as possible. I'm surprised you didn't mention the other two children climbing on your lap trying to get a piece of whatever you have on your plate. Or, as my boys say, "Mama, I smell something! Let me smell your breath. OH! I want doritos too!!!!"
My little guy says the same thing about smelling my breath. He says, "Let me smell your breath. Can I have some?"
Post a Comment