Monday, July 28, 2008

when it rains

So, if you have read the previous post, you know that Henry broke his wrist on Saturday.  (If you want to read that story now, click here)  So, yesterday we skipped church so he could rest. I did a ridiculous amount of laundry.   Then I cleaned their room from top to bottom, sorting clothes and toys and just junk.  That took most of the day.   I crashed into bed sometime after 10.  The phone rang at 1:41 a.m.  I heard it but did not catch it.  Instead, I thought, what nut/ drunken college student is calling us in the middle of the night.  Then I remembered.  ANGIE!  
Sure enough, I did the old *69 and it was her number.  For those of you that don't know, my good friend Angie is (was) due August 4 with her second child.  I was asked to videotape the birth. (From over her shoulder, don't worry)  So, anyway, I call back, Jason answers, and I say, "Did you just call?"  He proceeded to tell me Angie was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart, and could I come over in case Olen (their 2 year old) woke up.  I think we all kinda thought we had a while.  Wrong.  I got there at 2, the midwife at 2:15, the other midwife at 2:45, and Levi Paul Lokkesmoe arrived at 4:08 a.m.  weighing 7 lbs. 15 oz. and measuring 21 inches long.  I didn't actually get to videotape it because I was in Olen's room trying to get him to go back to sleep.  I closed his door and was about to open theirs when I heard Levi's first cry.  This is the short version, but I just wanted to post it because it is so exciting!  And for those of you wondering when I'm having the next one... after this morning's very vivid reminder of the joys of labor, I can tell you it will be a while.  

3 comments:

Sarah and Mark said...

oh my. I think you need some sleep... soon!

The Duncans said...

*69? Aly, it's the 21st century. There's this thing called caller ID...

aly said...

caller ID is for rich people...like doctors.