Using Uncle Ryan's high tech gadgetry to...what else? Watch trash truck videos on You Tube.
We went to the natural history museum one day. Here, Uncle Ryan tries to convince her to put her hands in this box containing some mystery item (a bug? a cotton ball? I'm not sure) to guess what it is.
big mouth
contemplating a swim
On Friday, we traveled down to Chuck E. Cheese in Ocala for the first time ever. It was a lot of fun, and the place was a lot cleaner than I expected. I thought it would be completely overwhelming, but we had an even adult:kid ratio, so we managed to stay sane.
This cast won't stop me!
In the car on the way to Ocala.
Yes, they're related.
So, then yesterday we decided to visit the retired horse farm in Alachua. Our friends the James family joined us as we all fed 30 lbs. of carrots to the elderly.
Since the James family does not have a blog, I will take this opportunity to tell a blogworthy story. On the way to the horse farm, Chris (the dad) was telling the girls that this was a home for retired horses, so they were old and might not be able to hear. Lily argued, "Well, I've seen old horses, Daddy, and they still have ears."
Uncle Ryan tries to get Henry to hold the carrot close enough for the horse to reach it.
The horsey girls, Ceci & Lily. (And that is Henry's arm...3 feet away from the horse)
Mommy's turn to help Henry.
Malcolm thought this carrot was for him.
A day well spent.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit with Ryan. Hopefully he left without being too exhausted and without contracting the nasty little stomach bug it seems everyone here has.
For those of you wondering how Henry's wrist is, he went to the doctor last Thursday, and the doctor decided to keep the cast on another 2 weeks since it was healing so well. Although Henry was disappointed about not getting the blue cast, I think he was also relieved to have escaped any possible interaction with the dreaded saw. Anyone have any blue Coban they can send my way? I am having a hard time finding any, but I'd like to wrap his cast in that (instead of the lovely flesh color it is now wrapped in) if I can find it.
4 comments:
Nice. I don't blame Henry for holding that carrot so far away. Horse teeth are scary.
i don't have blue.. but i do have hot pink
Looks like fun! Apparently your Chuck E. Cheese experience was better than ours. We were at one yesterday for a b-day party and the a/c was broken and there seemed to be thousands of hot people swarming through a sea of obnoxious games. The kids still seemed to enjoy it...me, not so much!
i took bronwyn and audrey to the natural history museum, and now she insists that we call her bedroom "the discovery room."
Post a Comment