So, our fancy-schmancy (not really) computer has a camera on it, so we killed some time taking pictures with it this morning. It has all these cool effects you can do, as you will see.
Malcolm and me before the other kids woke up. He woke up at 5:30 this morning. Patrick let me sleep until 7:00, though. Then he had to get ready for church. Notice Malcolm's fuzzy hairdo. I trimmed his bangs this morning, but not the rest. He has this little surfer boy look going. I'm not into surfing at all. He just looks really cute with it.
Here we are (I turned my head at the last minute). This is the "thermal" setting. You can probably guess this, but a lot of screaming was also happening at this time.
Pop Art setting. We are so hip.
This is my favorite. Malcolm was attacking Henry's head. Giving him a taste of his own medicine! Also, his hair has calmed down. This was post-trim.Well, the week finished out just as busy. I chaperoned a field trip to the SFCC Zoo and Planetarium. I wish I had a tape recorder. These kids were hilarious. I had Henry and three other boys in my group. They were all very sweet and behaved age-appropriately. They were respectful, and one even remembered my name. (The other two referred to me as Henry's mom.) One boy, I'll call him Mr. Questions. asked me to hold his hand because he was afraid he'd get lost. He also kept asking the guide questions about what animals they have.
"Do you have elephants?"
"No."
" Do you have lions?"
"No."
Do you have camels?"
"No."
"Do you have alligators?"
"Yes!"
This is probably funnier if you have been to the SFCC Zoo. It is a teaching zoo, and they have an odd assortment of animals.
One boy, I'll call him Wanderer, told me we couldn't pet the animals because it wasn't a petting zoo, but he had been to a petting zoo. When I asked him what kind of animals they had there, he said, "Tigers." I said, "Tigers, wow." Mr. White said it must have been Siegfried & Roy's petting zoo. He also declared, "I don't like interesting animals." Hmmm. He often got caught up in other groups, and was alternately 20 feet ahead or trailing 10 feet behind. Also, Wanderer sat next to Henry for lunch, and this is what W had packed in his lunchbox: 1 rice krispie treat bar with chocolate icing. 1 ziploc filled with about 7 cookies and various candy and gummies. 1 small bottle water. At least it wasn't a Coke.
The third boy, Mr. Affection, touched me constantly. (Hold onto my jean pocket, pat my belly, rest his hand on my arm) I don't really care. It was cute. I mean, I have 3 kids, I am used to being touched constantly. Anyway, he was the one who remembered my name. He would say things like, "Mrs. Kee, look at that Kookaburra! What he doin? Why he lookin' at me?" I said, "He thinks you're interesting." "I'm not interested in that old bird!"
Well, I better got these kids dressed. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday!
1 comment:
I think you need to blow up a copy of that "thermal setting" picture and post it on your door for Halloween. That cracks me up!!!
Post a Comment