Sunday, April 05, 2009

old horse, no tricks

We went to the retired horse farm yesterday.  I didn't bring a camera, so these two are with my phone.  They are the only good ones.

St. Francis at work.
The donkey's not buying it.

I dare anyone to try and resist his charms.

Ceci wanders through talking to all the horses.  She goes right up, pets them, and lets them eat peppermints right out of her palm.  She's a mini St. Francis.  Henry stands 3 feet away holding the carrot out in front of him.  That's actually a foot closer than he stood the last time we went.  The horses can actually reach the carrots now.  Ceci also got in a discussion with a little boy as to whether or not this one horse was Black Beauty.  She insisted he was not because the horse was brown with black hair, and we all know Black Beauty is, well, black.  The kid insisted.  I said, "Let's move on before this gets ugly."

2 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

What a laugh imagining your little horse whisperer protecting the REAL Black Beauty from posers. (BTW, do you have a version of the BB movie to recommend?)

aly said...

We got one at Target for $5. It was the live action one. It is a Warner Brothers one. Just warn you, it has a very realistic, if not actual, birth scene that is the very first scene. It didn't faze Ceci, but I was totally grossed out.