Saturday, January 30, 2010

neighborhood stalker (and other goings on)

Sometimes it is hard waiting in parent pick up...

And I had to show you Ceci's outfit from yesterday in its entirety. Here they are playing a fall-off-the-speedbump-land-in-lava game while we waited for Patrick (Henry was in the car sulking for some unknown reason):


When Ceci came out in this outfit yesterday morning, Henry commented, "Ceci looks so fancy today!" Ceci said, "Thank you, Henry."

Malcolm has decided he wants to use the potty. Just like that. And he is doing it. He even went in a public toilet yesterday. Public toilets are so much easier with boys. Anyway, his squishy little hiney is so cute in undies. He still needs diapers at night. I can't believe this. I never thought he would potty train this early. As always with potty training, I am holding my breath to make sure it is not a fluke.
I'm a big boy now!

As I previously mentioned, Malcolm has also dropped his nap. So that is why, on Wednesday, I went to the gym to shower. Not to work out, to shower. I mean, I did do a brief work out so I didn't feel totally lame, but really, I went to take a long hot shower because if I shower at home, Malcolm does at least one of the following:
1. Gets the eggs out of the fridge and carries them around the house saying, "Deese Daddy's eggs. Daddy's eggs..."
2. Tries to get in the shower with me. Fully clothed.
3. Runs out the front door so that I have to chase after him while dripping wet and, if I am lucky, in a towel. I tried solving this by putting up the baby gate, but given enough time, say, the amount of time it takes me to shower, he will climb it.

And, if I shower at home, my shower can only be about 3 minutes long. (due to both Malcolm's time constraints and our crappy water heater)

At the gym, however, no one tries to get in the shower with me. No one talks to me about "Daddy's eggs," and I don't have to run through the gym in my towel chasing anyone. My shower can be as long as I want it to be, and I never run out of hot water. The one downside is all the naked people. And apparently, certain little old ladies like to use the power hand driers to dry their nether regions. I have not seen this as it seems to happen at the big gym, and I tend to shower at the Women's Center because the bathrooms are nicer. I have just been recently informed of this phenomenon, and as soon as I witness it first hand, I will be sure to let you all know.

Moving on...

Henry and Ceci are playing cars next to me, and I just heard Henry say, "He has to go back to work. You know how he is about his career."

I found a new neighborhood to stalk. I'll be giving Suburban Heights a rest. They never have anything cool for sale. I will now stalk Black Acres, a neighborhood also out of my price range but in the zone for Henry's (and soon Ceci's) elementary school. I have found this (I always wanted a pink toilet) and this (Helloooo Dwell magazine cover) there.

Well, now we must determine what to do with three small kids who had pie for breakfast on a rainy Saturday in a town with seriously limited indoor activities. I suggested the mall, but Patrick vetoed it because, "everyone and their mother will be there."

4 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Seriously... your blog is just the place to come when in need of a laugh. Your children are hysterical... as are you! :)

Alan & Tina said...

I second Elizabeth. :)

LuraLynn said...

I had that toilet and the sink to match. You should have said something. I would have let you have them. I think the sink is still in the little shed. You cannot have my bath tub though. Hate the color, but love it because it is deep.

La Lady said...

i saw someone use a personal hair dryer on her nether regions at the gym. she actually hiked one leg up on a stool. . . i was slightly mortified in the .5 second it took for me to see it happen. i really tried not to see it, but it's pretty much burned on my memory forever.