Someone told me to take the purses to a place in Haile by the Publix. The thing is, if I am going to some fancy-ish pawn shop (and I assume that is in fact what this place is) to sell high end purses, I feel I must look presentable. I only really look presentable if I have some sort of appointment or social thing, and if I have an appointment or social thing, I probably don't have time to drive all the way out there (this is Gainesville, Haile is all the way out there) to sell some purses. So, I have to get a shower, get dressed in clean, presentable clothes, get Malcolm in clean presentable clothes, (yes, I would have to bring Malcolm because I am too cheap to pay a babysitter to watch him just so I can go sell some purses), wipe his face, (this hardly ever happens), and drive the 20 minutes out there. It doesn't sound like much, and it would definitely eat up some time, but what if I get out there and the guy doesn't offer me enough money? Then I wasted all that effort. Has anyone ever been to this place I am referring to? You know, the one in Haile to which I know neither the name nor location, you know, that place. Is it worth the effort? Oh, I should just suck it up and do it.
Monday, May 03, 2010
mundane dilemma
I have some very nice purses to sell on ebay, but I don't really feel like it. Am I just being lazy? My neighbor makes her living selling stuff on ebay. It seems like such a hassle to me. But I also detest going to the post office, so that is probably why it seems like a hassle. Anyone who is supposed to receive gifts from me via the mail (In laws, Ryan, Angie) knows this. I have been known to mail birthday gifts months late. Not because I didn't have them in time, because I usually do. I just hate going to the post office. Why is the post office not a drive through? There should be at least one that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi ... call UPS or Fed-Ex ... set up an account ... they will come to your home and pick up parcels. :) As will the USPO http://www.usps.com/pickup/welcome.htmdo Mary Sue
I also HATE going to the post office. It's one of the reasons I put my etsy shop on hold.
I will take your stuff to the post office, and yours too, Amanda, if you guys give me 20%. Deal or no deal?
I'm actually looking for a nice purse. I need a big one, mostly because I'm taking a really swank nanny job and can't cut it with the dirty old totes I have which mostly came free with magazine subscriptions. It might not even involve going to the post office since I'll be in Gainesville June 1-4. Hmmmm? If you're interested/have time, could you maybe post pictures (or email them to me ericalindseyw@gmail.com) and your asking price? I want something that's big enough to be my "kid tote," that goes with everything, and that's nice enough to take on play dates with the Kennedys. <3
Post a Comment