Sunday, October 09, 2011

I was never very good at leaving.

It is Sunday morning.  I slept in until 8.  Patrick and Malcolm are still sleeping at 8:55.  Henry made my coffee.  Ceci made her own toast.  This is awesome, right?

So why do I regularly miss the old days of stay-at-home mom baby/toddlerhood?  Yes, the days when I didn't get a full night's sleep EVER.  The days I ate mainly leftover kid food and PB & J.  The days I stayed in my pajamas half the day playing choo choos and coloring.  The days I didn't have to leave the house if I didn't want to.  The days spent at the park, at playdates, on walks, and at the gym with friends.

Maybe I just don't like working outside the home.  I love my job, though.  Maybe I am mourning leaving that phase.  I don't think I really want another kid.  I don't want to be pregnant.  I certainly don't want an infant.  I think I just can't believe that phase is over already.  It went by really fast!  I made a point to pay attention and savor things, and it still went by fast.

Don't get me wrong, where we are having a lot of fun over here at the House of Kee.  I am appreciating this stage too.  And paying attention.  And savoring.
 
All I am saying is it surprised me how much leaving that stage has affected me.

That's just where I'm at.  (Yes, I know I ended that sentence with a preposition.)

4 comments:

A said...

Thanks for this :) I laughed at the pregnancy comment. I wouldn't mind having another kid, but I really don't want to be pregnant again!

theparakeet said...

oh...wah.
i love doing crafts at 4PM and sitting in the backyard with coffee from 9:30 - 11AM watching a little guy push a truck around
Don't tell me it ends.

Nana said...

You will be surprised how fast the phases go by....you must enjoy and savor every one. Each phase is special with it's own wonderful moments and special times.

Treasure them all! Believe me, they go by fast!

Sarah and Mark said...

good thoughts, Alyson.