Today is the day we've all been waiting for. Really, by we I mean Patrick. And I guess he's only been waiting a couple of weeks. Anyway, he is starting a new job today. He had left Eastside after the 2010-2011 school year to work for... another "educational" institution. He was looking for something different. He got it. I will just say it was not what he expected, and he did not enjoy it. He has been job hunting for at least ten months, and right before the break, a high school position came up that he was interested in. I'll spare you the boring details. He applied, he was interviewed, he got the job, and he starts today! He has gone from a ram to a bobcat in one fell swoop, and his commute, though longer than the trek to his laundry room office, is much shorter than his commute to Eastside. (He can fulfill his dream of riding his bike!) More than anything, he is back to being Patrick. He is too extroverted to work in a laundry room making phone calls all day. I meant to take a picture of him all snazzed up, but in the morning mayhem, I forgot.
In other news, we bought a piano yesterday at the
thrift shop! It was a great price, which is good since it will cost us $100 to have it delivered and probably another $100 to have it tuned. Ceci already takes lessons, and I would love to get the boys in on that too. She has actually taught Malcolm a little bit. I have to figure out exactly where to put it because it will have to stay in that place. Anyone who has been to my house more than once knows my furniture doesn't stay in the same place long.
I have to go get ready for work. My allergies have been so bad that I have coughing fits every time I talk for more than a minute straight. Not good when you're a teacher. I also accidentally drooled on a student's desk yesterday. (I was going to say spit, but let's call a spade a spade.) I was eating a cough drop. It was embarrassing.
I'll leave you with that.
1 comment:
Congrats to Patrick!!! And if it makes you feel any better, I threw up once while supervising a student teacher...not ON him, but when I came out of the bathroom to do his post-observation(I was told later by my team leader), I had barf on my shirt. Hope the coughing subsides. :)
Post a Comment