Thursday, January 31, 2013

Someone's been reading The Guinness Book of World Records

At the risk of overloading you with all the family dialogue, I relay the following conversation that happened in the car on the way to piano lessons today.

Henry:  The shortest person in the world is a woman.  She is only 1 foot 8 inches.  The shortest man is 2 feet 2 inches.  The tallest person is a man in China or something.  He is 8 feel 11 inches, I think.

Me:  Hmmm.

Ceci:  Mommy, how tall is 8 feet?

Me:  It's almost as tall as the ceiling in your bedroom.

Henry:  They all will only live to be about 35, the same age as you, Mommy.

Me:  Oh yeah?

Henry:  Their life expectancy is less because their bodies can't handle it.  And the air up there is more polluted.

Me:  Uh, did you read that somewhere?

Henry:  No, I made it uh, -er, uh-

 Me:  Or is it a hypothesis?

Henry:  Yeah, it's my hypothesis.

Me: It's a good one.

This is not his first hypothesis, and I'm sure it won't be his last.  I'm glad to see that as they get older, the conversations are still just as entertaining.


No comments: