Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ninjas at the birth of our Savior

Fun in the Bumbo seat...
there's my foot, eh
holding that head up
are Rodi squint-eyes or Kee squint-eyes?

We have all kinds of goings on this week.

Yesterday, we were at the Larson's house for a b-day party for Ole Steve, and Henry and I had a bit of a miscommunication.  I was sitting on their sofa, sneezing, and I said, "Oh, I forgot about the cats."  I got up and moved to what Ben H. would call a "hypoallergenic chair."  Henry, who had been with me on the sofa, said, "Where are the cats?"  I said, "They are hiding."  "Oh," he said, and promptly got off the sofa.  Danny went to sit on the sofa, and Henry frantically said, "Don't sit there!  The cats are hiding!"  
Malcolm, as the youngest, has a collection of creative nicknames.  Ceci's newest nickname for him, "Malkie Babester" makes her sound like she is somebody's agent.  As in, "Malkie Babester, how's it going?  Don't worry, I got this whole 'Canoodling at the Ivy with Britney' mess under control.  That In Touch Weekly won't know what way is up after I'm done."
Henry had his Christmas play at school today.  He had a semi-big part.  He was a wiseman.  I asked about a costume, and they said not to worry about it, so I didn't.  I just dressed him in a blue shirt and pants and sent him off to school.  For some reason, he was the one wise man without a head covering, just the headband going around his forehead.  The headband was more like a scarf tied around his head, resulting in a "Christmas Ninja" look.  If you see him, don't mention this.  I didn't tell him because I was afraid it would hurt his feelings.  


At this point, he had removed the headband and put it back on, resulting in a "Mommy it the early 1990's" look.  A great shot of Ceci.

2 comments:

Sarah and Mark said...

They all look great!

It was so nice to see you guys last week.

Anonymous said...

She looks so contemptuous...