That's for you, Erica.
Well, Farmor and Grandpa are here for a visit. We have been having a good time. The kids are in rare form. They love a visit from the grandparents.
Ceci has been especially hilarious. Today, we walked to the little park near my mom's house. While there, Ceci had an accident. Patrick and Grandpa walked her back to Nana's, and Ceci was upset, and by upset, I mean throwing a fit, that she would have to go change. "I don't want to go home!" she sobbed for the whole walk home. Patrick drags her into the bathroom and has her sit down. He takes her soaked pants off and she looks down and says, "Oh, now I get it. I went peepee's in my pants!" A little while later, Patrick and Ceci were playing while we were getting dinner situated, and he asked her what was for dinner. She got this little smile on her face and whispered, "strawberries...and cupcakes...and chocolate chips."
If only.
After church on Sunday, we went to Moe's for lunch. While there, we ran into some friends from church, we'll call them Ethan and Valerie. Ethan commented that he really enjoys watching Ceci and Henry in church. What he was referring to was the absolute mayhem they cause during communion. Ok, so I exaggerate, it is not exactly mayhem. However, the entire time we are in the communion line, they are tickling eachother, giggling, pushing, wandering in between people, greeting absolutely every person they know, and bumping into the occasional rear end with their heads. Oh, and occasionally Ceci calls, "Daddy! Daddy!" in a rather loud whisper. The entire time, I am trying to police them while holding Malcolm. Luckily, no one at church minds too much. When we get to the front, to the kneeling rail, they run to the front, still giggling with abandon. After they finish communion, they leap up and tear down the side shrieking with joy or the holy spirit, except for that one time Ceci inched along the floor on her belly. It is pretty cute. This past Sunday, before we got into line, I was reminding Henry to say Amen after they give him the host. Then I called Ceci over to remind her. I whispered, "Ceci, what do you say after they give you the little chip?" She looked at me very seriously and whispered, "I don't know." "Amen," I said. "Amen,"she whispered. Then I said,"After they dip it in the wine, you eat it, and then what do you say?" "I don't know," she whispered. "Amen," I said. "Amen," she whispered.
Amen.
1 comment:
thanks for the shout out! your kids are the cutest, even in merely paragraph form.
Post a Comment