Tuesday, January 15, 2008

superfluous organization

We now have five calendars going.  Patrick has his palm gadget, I have my pocket calendar, we have ical AND the palm program on the computer (which I don't like, but Patrick uploads his palm to), and we have a dry erase on the wall.  This is insane.  Why can't anyone make one palm that automatically syncs with a monitor on your kitchen wall, your computer calendar, and the palm in your spouse's pocket?  If I knew how, I would invent this.  Benjamin Strautin, where are you when we need you?  This sounds like a job for you.

A couple of days ago, I was in the kitchen making lunch, and Henry and Ceci were in the living room putting a puzzle together and singing.  This is what I hear, "God is good, all the t-t-t-time..."  I started cracking up.  Why is this even funny, you ask?  God is good, is he not?  Well, the super cheesy VBS cd we have, the one with "Saddle Up Your Horses," also has, "God is Good," or whatever the name of it is, but it is scratched, so the cd skips on that line and says "all the t-t-time."  So, naturally, my kids sing it that way.  I found it funny.  You may not.

Either way, we can all agree that my children are ridiculous.

Here is further proof...




This is my enormous son in some cute jammies that all three of my kids have worn.  Of course, Henry and Ceci wore these when they were, oh, 7 months old.  




Here is the cowgirl looking too cute for words...

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kids' interpretations of songs are the best. five year old claire recorded a song (she's discovered garage band on her mom's mac), and it's proved to be the hit single among her 2-year-old twin sisters who belt at the top of their lungs: "WHERE iS OUR MOMMY? SHE iS iN THE TOiLET! SHE'S SO UNHAPPY! WHAT CAN WE DO?"

Anonymous said...

thanks for the suggestion! my freshman year of college, my friends and i came up with a "law and order drinking game," where we made up a bunch of cues, put them all in a bowl, and alternated drawing them out. we each had about 5 cues at the end, and drank when each "cue" happened. some highlight cues were "a detective makes a wisecrack over a dead body" or "a witness cries on stand" or "you see a minority who isn't det. green or lt. van buren."

i love l&o, in case you can't tell.