Friday, February 15, 2008

10 years and my new diamond ring


On February 14, 1998, Patrick and I had our first official date (no, the monster truck show was not our first date.  That is an urban legend.  )  at the now defunct Original Pizza Palace.  In order to celebrate the momentous occasion, my lovely husband bought me a diamond ring:


I love it!  However, it is (obviously) too small, so we have to exchange it.  I can't exactly get it sized.  He found it at MoMA.

I found him a little sweater for his french press.  Patrick thinks it makes his press look like a sophisticated little Frenchman in a turtleneck:

It is handmade, and I found it at Etsy.  At least 25% of the proceeds from the Etsy shop where I found it, Bamboo Village Press, go to keeping children in Sichuan, China in school and out of sweatshops.  Check it out.

Here are a few shots of my little valentines...


Henry is hiding from Daddy in this picture.  Daddy had just arrived home from work, and the kids always hide when he gets home so he can come find them.


I love Cecilia's face in this picture.  She is watching Henry do something (most likely obnoxious) to Malcolm.

I got Henry this silly shirt for Valentine's Day.  It says, "Call a vet because these puppies are sick."  I think it is especially funny on a 4 1/2 year old, as opposed to the 20 year old frat boy you expect to see it on.

Well, we have an entire 4 day weekend ahead of us!  My goal is to do a little sewing and catch up on my laundry, which should take me pretty much all weekend.  Patrick is planning to clean the branches off the roof and organize his new shed. We will get some ice cream this afternoon and go for a hike at the park.  The kids have been wanting to do that for a while.

1 comment:

Alan & Tina said...

Love the ring, and love the fru-fru french press turtleneck! The kids are adorable--that little Malcolm, I just need to get my hands on him! By the way, do we get any credit for the monster truck urban legend because of our song at your wedding reception? :)
~Tina