So, on Thursday, I got a random phone call from Tara asking if I wanted to go to the Sir Elton John concert. She had an extra ticket, so, naturally, I jumped on it. I am not the worlds biggest SEJ fan, but I am a fan, especially after the show. He was amazing. He played the piano for 2 hours and 45 minutes straight. And it is not like he was tinkering around up there, I mean, he was all over those keys. He is so amazingly talented, and I would say that is one of the best concerts I've ever been to. He was charming and boyish and funny. So, naturally, I am re-inspired to find all my old SEJ cd's and albums and have a dance party in the living room.
Speaking of living room dance parties, we had one last week, in costume, as all good dance parties are wont to be, and, as usual, break dancing ensued. (Notice Malkiebabes is crying in the background. I think Patrick was trying to put him down for a nap. Not an easy task during a dance party...)
(that song is "Free Radicals" by The Flaming Lips, one of Henry's favorite songs)
3 comments:
LOVED the 360's Henry was achieving! And princess dresses go so nicely with bands called the Flaming Lips! Did you find the Mohair jacket? It would have gone well...:)
These are definitely your kids. Did you teach Henry those moves or did he come up with them himself? Very talented!
Oh, he came up with these on his own. One day, out of the blue, he just started breakdancing. He was about 3 years old. It has gradually morphed into what you see here.
By the way, for those of you that don't know, justme, a.k.a Carissa, is referring to my own quite accomplished dancing abilities. Most notably, my stint as the caboose on the congo line at her very own wedding. I am a force to be reckoned with, it seems. (Rivaled only by Jacob Larson, who exceeds me in both talent and creativity.)
Post a Comment