Comin' to getcha
It looks like I'm crawling, but I'm not.
Seriously, Mom.
My favorite place to hang out.
(Yes, right there by the tv. We are not sure why, he just likes to grab at all the stuff in the cubbies there.)
So, he is scooting all over the place on his big belly. He will get on all fours and rock, and he has tried moving his knees and hands, but he is not quite there yet. Probably in another week or two. He is devouring the solid food. He had a half of a jelly sandwich for lunch today. I'm just gonna start him on steak, I guess.
Today when we were driving to school, there was this couple walking one of those weird hybrid dogs, I wanna say it was a Labradoodle? I don't know. Are hybrid dogs really necessary? I get it. We are bored with the thousands of current breeds, so let's cross every dog we know with a poodle so we can give it a name ending in -oodle. Anyway, so we see this couple, and Henry goes. "Whoa, look at that dog, Mommy! It is really fluffy. It looks like a baby bear." All this was said in a tone of complete irony. I didn't know almost-5-year-olds could master an ironic tone of voice, but he did. And speaking of bears, Ceci was watching the Care Bears this morning and says to me, "Mommy, what are Care Bears?" I said, "Well, they're bears." "Oh," she replies, as if she were hoping for a more intellectual analysis.
We ran into Publix "real quick" this morning, and if you have ever been to Publix, then you know that for some reason they have a giant, old school, green scale right inside by the carts. So, of course, every time we go in, the children must weigh themselves. So today, Ceci steps on, weighs herself, "I weigh fifty ninety, Mommy." then must weigh her little, tiny, stuffed hippo she has brought along. "How much does hippo weigh, Mommy?" Less that one pound. Like, an ounce. Let's take her to the produce scale for a more accurate reading.
Enough rambling. I wish I had a sewing room. I have a lot of sewing to do and nowhere to do it. That is what I should be doing right now, but I don't feel like setting it all up. I was going to sew in the freshly painted laundry room, but I need to organize it first. (it being the laundry room) Arg. We will just continue to live our lives with no curtains on the windows. Well, some have makeshift curtains at least.
5 comments:
Malcolm is SO CUTE. I know you hear that a lot, but, well, he is.
My friend's parents have labradoodles. They're the stupidest dogs I've ever heard about.
Alyson, or are you going by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright these days? I am disappointed with your hate filled tirade against poodle mixes. What’s next: Jews, African Americans, the physically or mentally handicapped? Fact: Poodles do not shed and are hypoallergenic. Fact: Poodles are the 3rd smartest breed. Fact: Most poodles do not poop their pants which is more than can be said for Malkie. Millie, our poodle mix, accepts your apology.
Mark
I knew I'd be ruffling some fur with this controversial of a topic. Unlike certain presidential hopefuls, I don't deny any previous affiliation with this opinion. I stand by my previous statements. Labradoodles are wholly unnecessary.
My friends had two labradoodles. They're adorable huge dogs.
My brother just got a golden doodle and she is darling and very smart.
and i grew up with a cock-a-poo.
Its actually better to cross-breed as inbreeding leads to health problems and decreased intellegence (ie. dalmations, cocker spaniels...)
My only complaint about the -oodle craze is that somehow these mutts are somehow suddenly worth 800-3000 dollars?? no, they're still mutts, even if they're parents were AKC dogs.
Also, the giant bear like dog may have been Bryan the Irish Wolfhound that lives near you...They are the tallest breed and wonderful. He is gray/silver. I want one.
- Tiff
A golden doodle, so is that a golden retriever labrador poodle?
We had a peek-a-poo when I was a kid. Peaches. She was nuts.
I think $800 for a dog is outrageous. I'd rather give my bathroom a really nice makeover. Or feed a small village in Africa for a year.
Post a Comment