Sunday, May 04, 2008

she blinded me with science

Or maybe it was just all that hairspray.

So, last night we attended a 30th Birthday Party for the illustrious Jeremy Scheer.  The theme was 80's (naturally).  So here we are, set to go:


The amazing thing is that this was the shortest amount of time I have ever spent styling my hair. Patrick's also only took about 30 seconds to look like this.  We are just naturally 80's, I guess.  I almost want to say, "Too bad it is not still the 80's because we would be effortlessly in style."  But I don't actually miss any of the 80's fashion.  If you are wondering where I got such a fantastic dress, the answer is Goodwill.  The lace tights actually came from the mall.  The shoes are also Goodwill, and the purse and hair bow are from my own personal collection.  The party was fun, thanks for asking.  Dragonfly catered, and I highly recommend that.  They also did the bar-tending.  I had a tasty martini entitled "Sianara Seduction" or something like that.  I actually had two, I'm not gonna lie.  There was much 80's dancing going on, and Jeremy was outfitted in a monk's costume with roller skates.  (From Fletch)  It was actually a surprise party, and he was surprised.  Especially by all our outfits.  I must say, I felt absolutely ridiculous.  I can't believe people actually dressed like this.

Other than that, the weekend was fairly uneventful.  I did some spring cleaning.  I cleaned behind and under the fridge.  I am embarrassed to say, I am not sure when I last did that.  It was gross.  

At a yard sale last weekend, I scored a Hoover Floormate for, oh, $10!  It is a couple years old, but works GREAT.  I love it.  If you don't know what one is, and you have tile floors, you MUST check it out.  We did our entire house in ceramic tile due to the sketchy asbestos tile the house came equipped with. I love it because it keeps things nice an cool and is not easy to stain.  However, I do not enjoy any time spent with a mop.  This is where the Floormate comes in.  I will bore you no longer with this inane topic.  I commend you if you are even still reading this.

So, Patrick went to check out this leaf blower Tiffany saw on craigslist.  We could really use one.  Refer to my previous post regarding the magnolias.  Hopefully the blower is not a piece and works out for us.  Next weekend we are planning on working in the yard if anyone is bored or has this burning desire to push a lawnmower or dig out azaleas.  We'll provide pizza and beer.  




3 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

The only thing I miss about 80's fashion is the comfortable overlap between the bottom of the tops & the tops of the bottoms. I do NOT like worrying whether or not there will be an embarrassing gap "back there" whilst bending over--which one does a LOT mothering toddlers.

That said, you look like there was nary a worry amidst all those ruffles! Nice hair, nice collar, Patrick.

Now I think I'll go cook some eggs & asparagus...got this GREAT recipe on line...

Jennifer said...

The bow is awesome! How is it that you have that in your personal collection?

aly said...

It is actually a scarf of my mom's left over from the 80's. I somehow still have it. (and be somehow I mean I stole it and kept it to wear as the mood strikes)