Why am I telling this story? Because today I think Malcolm had his own frenulum incident. He is a mover and a shaker these days yet still very unsteady. He likes to try things he's probably not developmentally ready for. He does cry quite raucously when he inevitably falls, and I am more than a little concerned he is going to give himself a concussion. At 9 months, he thinks he should be able to stand, and some 9 month olds can, but Malcolm is not one of them. He also thinks he can climb. He will crawl over to his high chair/ the sofa/ the ottoman, pull up on it, then bring up that right knee like he's just gonna clamber right up there. Today he was playing on the floor with a basket of toys and decided to crawl over the basket, which was on its side. As he is ascending, the basket falls forward and shoots Malcolm over it and onto the floor. He starts crying, and I pick him up to give him a hug. I'm thinking maybe he got a little rugburn on his cheek. When he pulls his head away from my chest, there is blood smeared all over my shirt and skin, all over his face, and even in his hair. I was like, "Whoa!" I ran to the kitchen, Henry hot on my heels, to try and wash Malcolm off and find the source. I have yet to determine if it was his frenulum. Because it did not bleed nearly as much as Ceci's, I am inclined to think he may have just cut his lip. It was too swollen to tell, and then we were running errands all morning. I did notice a little blood in his mouth later, and it seems like it is sensitive, so it may well be. Sheesh.
So this was my day. Bloody mouth, school, Target, Goodwill, school, take a friend to a carplace, lunch, and now, lucky for me, everyone is napping. I love what I do. (and not just because everyone is napping)
1 comment:
Seems the Kees may have particularly dramatic frenulums! I hope you were able to give Malcolm some soothing sips off your giant Coke while strolling in Target (I admit it is an idyllic scene...perhaps I've been too strict in the things I've given up this year.) May you all have a frenulum-free weekend.
Post a Comment