Wednesday, June 18, 2008

silly string and kittys

Last week we went down to Ft. Myers to visit my dad and Linda.  Lucky for us, my brother and stepsister were also there.  We had a lot of fun swimming in the pool, going to Super Target, and seeing Kung Fu Panda.  Below, Henry illustrates just how much fun he is having:

Someone gave Ceci some cat ears and tail, so she spent the week as a kitty.  Aunt Jessica skillfully did Ceci's kitty make up.  Ceci said, "mewow!"  (That is how she says meow.) 



Malcolm has sort of learned to wave.  We assume he is waving because when he sees a new person, he says, "Haaaaa!" and does this:

Here he is sitting on Poppop's lap:

We spent much time in the pool.  I got Malcolm this great float.  It even has a detachable sunshade, which, in this pic, is detached.  I highly recommend it to those with babies:
Henry is truly on vacation:

We had a few boat races.  Here we are in a particularly gregarious one:


I don't know if chubby babies float better, but they sure look cuter in a speedo:

We celebrated my dad's birthday (June 20) and Father's Day while we were there.  We doused him with silly string, naturally.  If you look carefully, you can see what Linda got him for his birthday:

A Wii!

It was SO MUCH FUN.  As some of you know, I am not into video games.  I like old school Nintendo, but that's about it.  So, of course I was skeptical.  But I am nothing if not a good sport, so I agreed to try it out.  We started with boxing.  Here my dad took out his frustrations on my husband:


Linda took care of Jessica...


And I handed Andy something on a plate, and it wasn't a cake...



So, now I am a convert.  The tennis is my favorite.  Bowling is a close second, though.  If you have a chance to try this, DO IT!  That's all I'm gonna say.

The week before we went to Ft. Myers, Patrick was in Daytona all week as an AP test "reader."  That means he graded AP Government tests.  So, I was on my own with 3 kids.  For 8 days.  So, in a strategic move of pure genius, the week before that,  I took them to Toys R Us, and Henry bought this with his b-day gift cards:


Bounce houses burn energy and time.  And it wasn't even that expensive.  I know, I know, why don't I use my powers to help the greater good.  One day, brethren, one day.



1 comment:

Alan & Tina said...

I'm w/you on video games--never been a fan, but LOVE the Wii. Looks like you're a natural. I also love the silly string--is that a family tradition? And the "greater good" is always served when one's children are bouncing their way to contentment (and a good night's sleep.)