On the way to church, I prefer to not listen to music. I like the quiet in the car, and the kids always seem to sit quietly on Sunday mornings for some reason. This morning, we get in the car, and the music is blaring, and I shut it off.
Henry: Some people at our church listen to music on the way to church.
Me: Yes, they do. It's okay to listen to music on the way to church.
Henry: Why don't we listen to music on the way to church?
Me: I just like to have a little quiet time before church.
Ceci: We don't listen to music on the way to church because we're human, right, Mommy?
Me: That's right, Ceci.
A few minutes later we drive by the Mormon church, and Henry laments, "Look at all those people's cars. I bet they listen to music on the way to their church."
6 comments:
i think your kids are the funniest kids i have ever known! i hope that when i have kids one day they are at least half has funny as yours!
exact words just out of bronwyn's mouth: "i'm glad to have a friend malcolm."
i said "ceci, too? did you like playing with ceci?"
bronwyn: "yeah! and malcolm!"
she had a really good time and so did audrey and myself. and phil will never forget your name again i bet! thanks again for coming over.
oh my goodness! thank you so much for that bag of clothes and shoes! they're so beautiful, and bronwyn is wearing the red and white polka dot dress right now. she was in desperate need of shoes and those were the perfect size. with two girls in this family, these cute outfits will get a lot of use. bronwyn is pretending the brown shoes are "tap dancing."
Alan agrees w/Ceci--humans LOVE peace & quiet in the car! (Especially when said human's occupation is playing in a BAND.)
And I've TOTALLY stolen "easy bed" off your decorating blog. AWESOME idea. The comforter is now in the yard sale pile.
I just cracked up for several moments.
By the way, this is Ethan
Post a Comment