Monday, August 25, 2008

whopper

A feverish Malkie Babester went to the doctor for his one year visit yesterday.  While he's sporting a cold/ virus of some sort, he still checked out okay.  He is 27 lbs. and 31 inches long.  That is a 6 lb. gain since his last visit in May! What a beefcake.  He is also getting some molars (!!!), which may be contributing to his overall cranky demeanor.  Also, the doctor had to dig wax out of his ears so that she could see his eardrum.  I mean, it was in there.  She had to get a special tool.  To say he screamed is a gross understatement.  I have never seen him so upset.  She left the room to go get another special tool, so he stopped.  She came back in the room, not even touching him yet, and he started to scream.  Poor waxy-eared baby.

Today his fever has subsided, but now I am seeing a rash on his chest, neck and face!  Sigh.

Ceci started back to dance class today.  As a much more experienced dance mom, I now know the rules.  It figures that this year she has the laid back teacher.  Anyway, I bought her this little pink crochet bun cover off ebay.  It is so cute.   On an unrelated note, a few minutes ago, while playing with her horses, she said to me, "Look Mommy, Ginger is having a baby."  I look over and she has stationed the smaller pony in the rear section of the larger pony, quite accurately.  I guess she has been paying close attention to the opening scene of Black Beauty where they have an extremely realistic birth of Black Beauty.  I was very grossed out upon viewing it for the first time.  She was, and still is, unfazed.  

Henry is back to school after our Fay-cation and back into the groove.  Yesterday, he and Ceci were playing hide-n-seek, and when he would count, he'd say, "And a one, and a two, and a three, everybody follow me," or something like that.  I said, "Where'd you hear that?"  School.  Music teachers.  

Well, I can't think of anything interesting to write, so I guess I'll go do some chores...




No comments: