So, Patrick and Henry had a 4 day weekend this weekend, so we have been acting kinda like we are on vacation except we didn't actually go out of town. On Saturday morning we went to the horse farm with Kelli & Mark. I didn't upload any pictures of that because I have twice already before, so I don't want to neat a dead horse. (What an awful expression, by the way. Who came up with that one? Yet I couldn't resist using it.)
On Sunday, the Nana took the big kids for a sleepover, and Malcolm had us all to himself. Then yesterday, Nana dropped the kids off on her way to work, and we went for a nature walk at Ring Park (for you locals) which has all these fun paths and bridges and runs along a creek. Next time we will bring our buckets so the kids can play in the sand along the creek. (Is that allowed?) Henry remarked, "It would take a long time to rake up all these leaves."
Today we just hung out. Nothing too exciting. Some building with Tinker Toys and playing in the yard. It was relaxing, restful, and fun. We have done no projects, no house work (other than basic daily maintenance- bed making, dishwasher loading, toy putting away) and the magnolia leaves are forming a carpet in the yard, but I have not even thought, "Oh, I should go rake." We have been enjoying the beautiful weather, hanging out, eating ice cream, and playing. A vacation.
Malcolm and Max greeting each other yesterday morning.
The kids wanted to take a picture like this which is no easy task. Malcolm was already in bed.
4 comments:
Even in a crazy pajama ensemble, Ceci is showing an impressive sartorial gift: a sense of proportion, a playful eye for well-mixed prints, and well chosen layers. She could make editorial in Toddler Vogue any day.
i wish my green footsie pj's had dinosaurs instead of polka dots
That picture of Babester and Max makes me so excited for my baby boy!
Well, Heather, she is my daughter. Most of you are not aware that in college I was awarded the coveted and esteemed "House of Style" award by a panel well known fashion critics--the Young Life team leaders. This is, in fact, from where I derived the blog name "House of Kee."
Post a Comment