Thursday, December 04, 2008

avoiding bedtime

So, the kids and their friends had a bit of a popcorn-fest this afternoon.  I had to get out the vacuum (actually, it was still hanging around after yesterday's cleaning extravaganza).  After I vacuumed up all the popcorn remnants, Henry took over, suctioning up every last dustbunny.  Not to be outdone, Malcolm got in on the act with the portion of the vacuum Henry was not using.  It was too cute.  These pictures hardly do it justice.

That is Henry's foot over there to the left.

Do you see the belly hanging over the shorts? 

Malcolm likes to give love headbutts.  Today he almost broke my nose.

Today I was tucking Ceci in for her nap, and she said, "What's that stinky smell?"  I said, "I don't know."  She said, "It's you!  You need to take a shower."

I can't believe I forgot to tell this last story.  We were all in the car last Sunday, Patrick included, leaving Publix on our way to a friend's house.  I asked Patrick to turn off the football game on the radio.  Henry asked why, and I said that I didn't want to listen to it, I don't like football, something like that.   He declares, "Mommies like to clean and go shopping.  Daddies like to collect baseball cards and watch football."  
Yikes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is hi-larious and makes the two of you sound a lot more stereotypical then I think of you.
\-ben

Anonymous said...

this is hi-larious and makes the two of you sound a lot more stereotypical then I think of you.
\-ben

Alan & Tina said...

Does Patrick collect baseball cards? (And while I'm thinking of it, we watched "Lars & the Real Girl" last night. I could still cry about it if I let myself. Thank you for that suggestion!)