Thursday, December 11, 2008

first haircut

Well, it wasn't easy, but I finally cut the babester's hair.  I didn't want to, but it was pretty long.  He looked like a little girl, as you can see in this before picture:

Here is the side view before.  I had only ever cut the bangs and sides, never the back.

Here is the after.  I cut about an inch off the back.  I actually trimmed this side a little straighter this morning.  We will be working on it bit by bit today.  

He has  cowlick in the back, the same place I have one, actually, and it makes the back kind of curl,  so it isn't a perfect pageboy, but that is what I was shooting for.  It is still longish.  That was mu compromise.

We think he's pretty cute... He is also starting to thin out.  Not the belly, though.  That is still quite large.  He is even more vigorously affectionate than his brother.  He tackles his sister any time he sees an opportunity.  

We have been busy around here.  I put my decorations up. I accomplished a good deal of Christmas shopping.  I turned 31.  Malcolm was sick.  Poppop and Bawai are coming in tonight for a weekend visit and early Christmas.   More pictures to come... 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Page-Boy???? Well, there is a 60's term I haven't heard in a while! I thought it was called a "John-John". Whatever it is, I think he is awfully cute!!!
PS: Spell check....

Kathy said...

i love it aly. i'm so proud of you! haha i know it was hard for you.

theparakeet said...

He looks super cute!

Steph said...

Even with that inch cut off, he is still surfer cute to me! and you gotta LOVE the belly! Only at his age is it ever cute!

mhoyer said...

the van dorans have a blog now...add them to your list