Monday, December 29, 2008

home again, home again

After a 13 hour day, we are home safely.  The traffic added an extra 2 hours to the trip.  I don't want to talk about it.

Our house always smells like kitty litter when it has been empty for a few days.  We have a cat, but he lives outside, so no litter.  We have never had a litter box inside this house, so I don't get it.

My friend Stephan went and made a film and entered it in this Sundance thing, so I want you all to go vote for it at www.perfectofilm.com.  That is not actually where you vote for it, but it will give you instructions on where/ how to do it.  We have to do it every day this week, so go tonight!

My Aunt Stephie and I are going to read this One Year Chronological Bible this year.  It is broken up into daily readings and goes chronologically (obviously).  I have never read the whole bible; I probably haven't even read half of it.  I feel wildly inadequate when people start talking about what the bible says.  I recently have been thinking I need to do something about it, but, frankly, I am completely intimidated.  I mean, that's a big book, and I didn't really know where to start.  I thought this sounded manageable when she suggested it.  And the accountability would be good.  Anyone want to join us?

And let me conclude this post by saying that Tina is awesome.  Wait until you see the vases? candlesticks? that she sent me.  (I said vases, Patrick said candlesticks) They are SO COOL!  I'll post a picture soon.




1 comment:

Alan & Tina said...

Shelley & I just printed out the chronological Bible readings from www.yearlybibleblog.org and we will be reading in 2009 w/you and your Aunt Steph. Here's to you, Aly, for inspiring this!