Sunday, January 11, 2009

the excitement is nonstop

Oy, what a weekend.  As you know, I planned on cleaning out the laundry room, and I did.  It was just a huge task involving a curb alert, a lot of sweeping, more than one allergy attack, and a lot of lifting. However, we know have a laundry room/ playroom instead of a laundry room/ massive mountain of useless crap.  In Florida, we are not lucky enough to have basements.  Our particular house does not even have a garage.  We have a carport, so we cannot pile our crap in there because then it looks like, well, that we have a bunch of junk in our carport.  So, we have a shed, and we have a detached, unfinished laundry/ utility room.  Both were crammed with stuff.  Stuff we had to donate, stuff to throw out, stuff we need, and stuff to organize.  Now, the laundry room is free of all the junk, and has our old tv, dvd player, and about 1/3rd of the kids toys, including a rather forboding dress up bin that has a tendency to explode all over our house.  They LOVE it.  It is their own little place, outside of the house but still safely connected.  I'm not sure how much they will like it come August when it is 90 degrees in there, but it works now, and that's all that matters.

I'm hoping some more interesting and creative posts strike me this week...

2 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

INSPIRATIONAL!! I would advise against basement envy. Those of us w/basements simply have 10 times the junk you have in your detached laundry room & shed.

aly said...

So true! And, to get the junk out of the basement, you have to drag it up a flight of stairs! At least all I have to do is drag it a few feet to the carport.