Thursday, January 08, 2009

mostly not important

Some people think too much.  Other people don't think enough.  I would like to find that place where I think just enough about the important stuff and not too much about what's not important.

Moving on, I am probably the only person in Gainesville not watching the game.  I just can't like football.  I have tried.  I'll give you a half-hearted "Go Gators" and be on my way.  Don't get me wrong; I am still a Gator fan.  No need to end our friendship.

I am going to clean out the laundry room this weekend.  If you have seen my laundry room, you know that this is a grandiose plan.  I can't take the mess anymore.  I am going to do a curb alert on craigslist and see how much stuff I can slough off onto others.  Why do I have so much stuff, anyway?  It's just everywhere.  Now it will be everywhere in someone else's laundry room.

So, I read this blog called Apartment Therapy.  It is a decorating blog, mostly.  And they had this post about what is in and out for 2009, all in good fun.  I mean, nobody takes this seriously, right?  92 comments later, yes, apparently some people do.  So, to make fun of these people, I wanted to make my own asinine in and out list. (Because I am sure they would all pick up on the fact that my list is a joke, right?)   Any ideas?  Here is what I have come up with so far:

In
cankles
bar mitvahs
volleyball
chiclets
Oscar the Grouch

Out
pierced ears
bat mitzvahs
allergies
bananas
Latvia

8 comments:

Steph said...

I think Malcster babe may be your football player. Once he steps on that field, I bet you will start enjoying football. Like anything, it's always different when you know somoneone, in this case, out on the field! I would have told you 15 years ago that I would NOT be interested in the least in going to the opera. Here it is, 15 years later and I have been to at least 8, some of them twice! (only if Emi is singing). You got boys, I have a feeling you'll be warming a bench somewhere in 10 years!

erica said...

Yeah, allergies are so over.

In is definitely the bike trailer that holds two kids. Ours arrives today, so you just might get some sweaty visitors some day soon~!

Uphill Downhill said...

The Latvian in Eric is going to be SO MAD!

Alan & Tina said...

Some day I'll have teenage girls telling me what is in and out. For now, I'll revel in these years when I don't really have to care. :) And I think your Aunt Steph is likely a prophet.

Unknown said...

I have been married to a Latvian for 33 years ... they are pretty "in" in my book! :) I also have two half Latvian children and a quarter Latvian grand-daughter who is amazingly beautiful!! :) Yeah Latvia!!

aly said...

I have seen that baby's picture, and she is beautiful! Congratulations! I didn't know you followed my blog (assuming you are who I think you are...). So glad to hear from you!

Unknown said...

Yes I do follow your blog ... it puts smiles on my face when I need a break from studying Greek and OT Survey. This blog puts smiles on my face too. http://lilyannas.blogspot.com/
Have you seen it?

You are a fantastic mom ... and writer! Gifted!!

aly said...

I have now! (Seen Lanie's blog, that is)

And thanks for the compliments!