Tuesday, January 06, 2009

natural athletes

This branch of the Rodi family (the Alex-Andy-Aly branch) seems to excel at low impact sports such as golf, bowling, and horseshoes.  Henry is no exception to this rule as he bowled a 180 on Wii bowling tonight.  This is the first time he has ever bowled, anywhere.  However, Henry seems to be good at every sport, so I am not sure if the Rodis can claim this victory.

Ceci is a very animated Wii player.  She never stops moving.  It is almost like she dances through all the games.  Which is appropriate for tennis since, according to Poppop Rodi, "Tennis is like a dance."  She wiggles her way through golf with what Patrick refers to as "The Happy Gilmore Swing."  She flails through tennis, losing grip of the remote (thank goodness for the wrist strap), and at the end of the match, when they show her little Mii (your character) bent over, huffing and puffing, she gleefully exclaims, "I'm so tired!"  She still hasn't figured out when to let go of the button for bowling, either throwing the ball behind her into the crowd, or not throwing it at all.  Next time they play, I will have to videotape it.  It is extremely entertaining.  

So, believe the hype, this Wii is a good time (and good exercise).  Anyone who knows me also knows that I am not someone who often, ever, really, suggests video games as a viable option for time wasting.  But the Wii...well, just come on over.  You'll see.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

how did you set it up that guests and other random people could make comments w/o being a blogger? someone says she's been trying to make a comment on my blog for a while but doesn't want to go thru the process of having to sign up for a blog..

Steph said...

isn't the wii fun? Who knew?? I love to watch the little ones play too. They think it's REAL!