Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just when I was catching up on the laundry...

Can anyone tell me why my children barf so much? I don't remember nearly this much vomit in my childhood, and neither does my mom. I used to be able to count on one hand the number of times I had thrown up. Is it a Kee thing?

So, Henry is home sick. The big silver bowl is next to the sofa. Malcolm threw up a few times this morning and was acting lethargic, but now he seems fine. Ceci has asked for a bowl, but I don't think she is actually sick. I think she just wants to join the party. I really hope she doesn't.

The other day, we were getting out of the car as the mailman, Mr. Willis, was leaving. Ceci said to me, "Mommy, does Mr. Wiwwis barf?" I said, "Oh probably. Everybody barfs." Then she said, "Does Jesus barf?" I'm not real sure of the correct theology of the bodily functions of any member of the trinity, so I just said, "I think so."

7 comments:

Kathy said...

i hate barf. i think Jesus probably barfed too. think about all the improperly cooked things they probably had.. he might have been God, but he still had human guts. btw glad you got your tag renewed. i wasn't sure if you'd see that note i wrote. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't think it is a Kennedy or Kee thing... I never even got morning sickness. Maybe it is school germs Henry is sharing with the fam.
Farmor

Steph said...

Have they been eating peanut butter??

aly said...

No, Ceci and I are the peanut butter eaters. Why? That salmonella thing?

theparakeet said...

i am not looking forward to the puking of a child but i am a big puker so im sure its in store

Steph said...

Yeah, the news said this company has been shipping contaminated peanut butter for years, and knew it. Just pay attention if you feel bad after eating peanut butter. I know store brand is not "supposed" to be affected but I'm not so sure that's true.

Unknown said...

My mother didn't allow the use of ANY derivative of the word vomit. Not puke, spew, hurl, and certainly not barf. I didn't know why until I had kids. And I only have two. She cleaned up after five.