Last night Henry and I had a discussion about what he wanted to be when he grows up. The consensus was garbage man/ astronaut/ "pipe fixer" (a.k.a. plumber). It's in the family. According to him, when he is not doing his garbage man duties, he will go into space and be an astronaut. Not sure when he plans to fix pipes. Later, Ceci and I had the same conversation, and she wanted to be someone "who fixes clogs." Again, a.k.a plumber. Can you tell we have had some plumbing problems here? Our sink was backed up for about a week while Patrick tried various snakes and such. He eventually succeeded, but obviously the process was fascinating.
Malcolm already added more words to his list: Lily, teeth, and he sings the "Clean up, clean up" song. (Leeena, leena, nenamananena) He dumped the bingo game all over the floor, and I said, "Come on, Malcolm, you have to help me clean this up." He just launched into the song. I wasn't even singing it. I realized he was, so I sang it with him. He is singing whenever he is not eating. I think he might be a singing plumber when he grows up.
1 comment:
Hahaha! I love it! Especially Malcolm's words to the song. With the way things are going in space, Henry CAN be a trash collector, pipe fitter and astronaut all in the same job! How nice,too, that it's taken Henry almost six years to develop selective hearing...Your other children may not wait so long!
Post a Comment