Thursday, April 02, 2009

really?

In the picture below, there is a glass and wood end table to the left of that black chair.  Take a good look at it:
  

So, a few months ago, we moved that table into Malcolm's room as a nightstand.  Yesterday, he was in his crib "reading" before bedtime.  Patrick and I are out in the living room reading with the kids.  We hear a loud noise.  We go into Malcolm's room to investigate.  He had thrown a board book out of his crib, hit the corner of the table, and broke off a corner of the 1/2 inch (at least) thick glass.  To quote Meredith, "That kids got an arm!"  I can't believe he broke it.  I am sad.  It's a really cool table.






5 comments:

stacey said...

Oh no!! Whatever you do, don't throw that gorgeous table away! Check with Shea's Glass Co (behind Krispe Kreme on 13th) and see what they'd charge to cut you a new piece of glass.

aly said...

That's my plan. I figured it wouldn't be too much. And very worth it.

aly said...

also, do I know you?

theparakeet said...

im laughing at the do i know you comment? your baby is a bruiser! look out, football

Steph said...

glass + Malcolm = not so good. you may want to clear his room of anything even remotely possible of injury. Also, get a football in that boy's hands, NOW!