Monday, April 27, 2009

Today...

1.  When I picked Henry up from school, I asked, "How was school?"

"We need to bring in 17 spoons."
"Okay.  Is there a note from Mr. Teacher about it in your folder?" (I assumed there was a party or something, and we were the spoon people.)
"No, we just need some spoons.  I asked Mr. Teacher how many, and he said 17. They need to be plastic."

Unfortunately, I only have 9.  I guess Henry is that kid.  Which kid?  The kid who steps up.  Takes initiative.  The "we need spoons, I'll get some spoons" kid.  I wonder where he gets that from.

2.  I realized I close the screen doors far more than I open them.  

3.  I filled my car up with more old stuff/ stuff we don't use.  Tomorrow, Goodwill.  Does anyone want to buy my car, by the way?

4.  I put Malcolm in the carseat to go get Henry, and he had Wal Mart nose and Jiffy foot.  And yes, I bathe him regularly.  (Well, Patrick does.)  And yes, I wiped his nose and put shoes on him before we got out of the car at school.

5.  Ceci had a fit at least once an hour from 7 am - 8 pm.  I don't know what emotional cliff she fell off of once she turned four, but I am over it. (the fits, not the cliff... well, maybe both)

6.  Patrick was carrying Henry into his (Henry's) room to get his (again, Henry's) jammies on after his bath, and I heard Henry say, "I love you, Daddy."  

7.  We made it another day without turning on the ac in the house.

8. I noticed that, yet again, my clothesline has become an ant bridge.  Does anyone know a remedy for this?  Why does this keep happening?

9.  Hazel informed me, yet again, that her favorite princess is "Sherlella."

10.  Henry had rum cake for breakfast.  And unlike Susie, I knew it was rum cake.  It was Patrick's idea.  And he had toast first.




6 comments:

Steph said...

Wal-mart nose and Jiffy foot, got to love it. As for the tantrums, well, the teen years will be quite dramatic at your house. I love that Henry is a "can do" man. Nice trait.

theparakeet said...

what a day! oh no - the Ceci fits - not fun.

Uphill Downhill said...

what's Jiffy foot?

aly said...

It is when the bottoms of your feet look as if you have been walking barefoot through a Jiffy store.

Uphill Downhill said...

i thought it had something to do with peanut butter. . .

so what's Wal-Mart nose? i can't even begin to guess.

aly said...

When they have dried snot all around their nose, my friend calls this Wal Mart nose.