I found a new blog I really like. I regularly read Mommy Brained, and now I have also discovered Jersey Girl's blog, Dirty Little Secret.
Jersey Girl was talking about how she was walking all over the grocery store with frosting on her nose and no one told her. That's cause she's in Jersey. In Florida, some old lady, probably one in a turquoise headband, would have pulled her aside, given her a hankie and a mirror, and talked to her kid while she cleaned up. In Jersey they just laugh at you.
Mimi at Mommy Brained had a good post about parenting. I really like her response in the fourth paragraph. There are all these books and methods and ideas out there. And there is all this judgement about which path you choose. (I've been on this bus before...) If I could write a book, it wouldn't be a book, but a Post It. It would be free, and they'd give it to you in the hospital when you are getting ready to deliver. It would have 3 little words on it:
Trust your instincts.
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out! :-)
Post a Comment