Monday, April 20, 2009
you're gonna blog about this, aren't you?
Last night was Chocolate Night at our favorite homemade ice cream parlor, Sweet Dreams. We regularly attend chocolate night, so I may have mentioned it before. So, we go, and as we are on a budget, there is some forced sharing going on. Two kids cups to split between the 3 kids, and Patrick and I share mini sampler with 4 mini scoops. We were fortunate enough to get an actual table, and I have BBM on my lap. Patrick is next to me, Ceci is sitting across from me, and Henry next to her. I say to the kids, "Now you will have to share a little of your ice cream with Malcolm," which was met with a shrug and an "okay" from Henry and a frownie face and refusal to place her ice cream on the table from Ceci. I said to Ceci, "You need to put the ice cream on the table, or I will. And if I do it, it is going to be a lot closer to me." I get the death stare. But she obliges. I stick my spoon in her cup. The power of the death stare gets more intense. Every time I dip my spoon in her cup, I get the death scare. Meanwhile, 30 lbs. of toddler is on my lap, hollering in my ear because I am not moving fast enough with the chocolate. Every time I go to take a bite myself, if his mouth is not also full, he gives me the (now rather large) baby bird mouth accompanied with an "Aaaahhh, ahhhhh, AAAAHHHHH!!!!" And if I do not put ice cream in his mouth first? Well, you would think I'd bit his ear off or something because he manages actual tears and wails. What is Daddy doing this whole time? Laughing. And also feeding the BBM.
Labels:
Ceci,
daily life,
food,
Henry,
Malcolm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment