Patrick and I had a much needed night away Saturday. We went to Orlando for the wedding of one of my high school friends, and we got to stay at a fancy hotel. It was, shall I say, wonderful. Here is why:
I got to wear a pretty dress and make-up.
I got to sit in a chair by the pool reading smut and drinking a Mojito. (and by "a" I actually mean "several") I did not have to get up every 30 seconds to fix someone's bathing suit, apply more sunscreen to a little red nose, get this, do that, hold this, carry someone around the pool endlessly or watch anyone like a hawk lest they slip, cut themselves, or drown.
Sit. Read. Mojito.
To top it off, on Sunday, before skipping town, we went to First Watch for breakfast, and then over to Ikea to buy Ceci's new bed.
So, join me in thanking Nana because she worked overtime this weekend.
6 comments:
Woohoo! Don't we ALL need some of that! So glad you got a mini-break, makes you remember being carefree, doesn't it!!
I like how your sunglasses match your drink. Always the style maven.
Has Patrick lost weight?
-Ryan
Steph: Carefree. Tomorrow it will be 6 years to the day that the word carefree left my vocabulary.
UD: Always. That is, of course, why I ordered a drink with green accents.
Ryan: You got a whole post as an answer to your question.
When you said hearts, I wasn't sure, but that is cute!!!
I. AM. JEALOUS. Going to cry in a corner by myself now...
Post a Comment