Friday, May 29, 2009

say what?

Yesterday morning, after shampooing the van carpet and vowing to never let my children eat in the car again, I took Ceci and Malcolm over to the mall to play.  On our way out, I stopped by the bra department to peruse the selection of strapless wonders.  So, we were standing there, looking at this wall of rainbow assortment of strapless bras, the molded cup kind that look like, well, boobs, and Ceci asks, rather loudly, "Mommy, can I touch the black boobies?"  I said, "they are bras, Ceci."  "Oh, bwas."

It must be her new favorite word because we were in Moe's the other day, and she had her little Ariel princess figure.  I was walking along, placing our order, and she practically shouts, "I lost Ariel's boobie cover!" (her little shell bikini top)  I told her it is called a bikini top, but she must forget.

She is really into making up her own words.  The other day she said, "Ariel boofed into the water."   Boofed?  And she would put Ariel's tail on her finger and say, "Mommy, say hello to fishie finger."  Fishie finger became princess finger became bride finger... really, the possibilities are endless.

Unrelated to this, here is the aforementioned photo I promised:


Me in my new ride.  It is a Mazda6 wagon, and it is so much fun to drive!  I love it. Now that Henry and Ceci are in boosters, I can fit the three of them across the backseat.  It made the road trip to Ft. Myers last weekend so much easier.  There was no more climbing into the back to rescue Kitty for the 25th time.  Since Malcolm can play with the kids and see the DVD screens, he stays occupied for much longer.   It was an all around easy drive, which bodes well for the ND trip.  I have to say, it is nice to drive a car again.


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sweet ride! Gotta love Mazda!

erica said...

Congrats, that is wonderful! I'm campaigning for a road trip this summer because I think Phil's VW Passat Wagon is too great not to use.

Steph said...

the made up words are the best. I love your sparkly van, how did you get it so clean!! (you've seen my van) Shampoo suggestions??

theparakeet said...

Yay! Your Mazda6 looks awesome!!