Tuesday, June 02, 2009

shenanigans

Yesterday, after school, I took the kids swimming at my friends the James' house.  The main goal here was to wear them out.  It worked.  Henry, Mc Kenzie and Lily must have jumped in the pool together, oh, 50 times.  I must have hollered, "Not so close to the ledge!" oh, 50 times.  Ceci was feeling quite left out, but she just will not put her face in the water.  And if you won't put your face in...
Anyway, I had to go to Publix after to do our shopping for the week because I never went Sunday.  What a nightmare.  I remembered why I never take 3 kids to the store with me. I forgot, like, 7 things, accidentally got a leaky gallon of milk (which means in the checkout, they had to go get another one...) because I was too busy yelling at Ceci to stand next to the cart and not run down to the end of every aisle and shout, "I'm leaving you in my dust!"  Alternately, I was yelling at Henry to stop touching absolutely everything he possibly could and/ or to stop spinning the cart in circles. Really?  He's six?  Malcolm, meanwhile, was whining, no shouting,  "CAAAACKAAAA!"   because I would not let him eat the cookies I had in the cart.  Not that he hadn't already had a cookie from the bakery.  Oh, and to top it off, I was walking around with wet boob circles on my shirt from my bikini top,  and no underwear since I forgot to pack some, in a wraparound skirt that I was terrified one of the kids would accidentally unwrap.  Wouldn't that be pretty.  (The answer to that is no.)
Never again.  


4 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

There is just nothing like a good, old-fashioned out-loud belly laugh. Thank you. While I was giggling and nodding the whole way, I must say I erupted at "wet boob circles" (just erupted again TYPING it!)

LuraLynn said...

I so agree with Tina and the belly laugh statement. I'm just a little older than Tina and I add "I almost peed my pants" to her statement.

Steph said...

HAHAHAHA! Love it all and the comments. We are women, hear us roar!

The Allison Family said...

Sounds like a typical Thursday afternoon shopping trip in the summer Allison household (I say "summer" because, during the year when I'm working, I know better and shop while the nanny has the kids...yes, that's right! All. By. My. Self.).