Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I do wear big earrings


I have a confession to make.  I am hooked on The Real Housewives of New Jersey.  You should have known this would happen.  Until now, I had never watched any of the shows in the "Real Housewives" franchise. (Please note, dear reader, they are using the term "real" very loosely.   No one I know lives like this.) I don't even have Bravo.  I have watched the last two episodes online.  Wow.  The hair.  The jewelry.  The tans.  The accents.  It is home.  To quote Aunt Stephie, and Mrs. Liberto,  there but for the grace of God go I.  I mean, the potential was there.  My hair is still that New Jersey some days.  I've been teasing Patrick, "That could have been me, honey!"  Not really.  Though I am a Jersey Italian, it is South Jersey.  Big difference.  


Me holding a picture of me in my Jersey days.  Sorry it is blurry.  I didn't feel like getting out the scanner.  

2 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

Oh, Alyson, I don't know what's better, the hair, the glasses, or the jacket. I don't watch any of the housewives shows, but I'd love to watch YOU watch this one!! And thank you so much for the Mamafrantz link. Good stuff, really good stuff.

Steph said...

I remember that picture! And the hair!! I love that show too. It's strange how their accents almost sound like speech impediments to me now. I keep wondering what mob connections they have. Here I am from jersey (south) and even I stereo-type these people. Coming from jersey, the behavior/relationships are familiar but it makes me wonder what non-jerseyians think of it all. What I want to watch is the "real housewives of Boise, Idaho"