Wednesday, June 03, 2009
get me off the elliptical
Today, after our twice weekly wrestling match with the "Power Line" machines, Meredith and I tried out a class at the gym called "Street Walking." Here you may be wondering what exactly kind of gym do we go to? Well, "Street Walking" is exactly as it sounds, while at the same time not at all as it sounds. We took a long-ass power walk (four miles!) in the neighborhoods around the gym. Could we have not done this on our own? Yes, we could have. Had we done it on our own, Meredith and I would have spoken maybe 5 sentences and walked maybe a mile, exhausted from the constant stopping to pick up sippy cups, princesses, and Matchbox cars that would have been launched out of the strollers at random intervals. So, instead, we parked our kids at the gym kids club and walked for an hour, outside, before it got hot, and had whole conversations about all kinds of things. Then, when we returned, we were able to take showers! (People, this is why I pay my $30 a month!) I would have been able to do my hair, too, had I not heard, "Alyson Kee, please report to the front desk." Malcolm had pooped, and the kids club girls don't do poop. Now why can't I have that policy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sad, I'm gonna miss that gym :(
How funny. I spoke with Meredith just after this workout and mentioned something about how a perk of the gym must be the time and peace of being able to shower without hearing tattling! She said that is exactly why she goes to the gym (to paraphrase)!
Post a Comment