Day one, Gainesville to Chattanooga (or Tagganooda, as Ceci called it), went surprisingly smoothly. The kids were well occupied between the new Bolt dvd (thanks Frantz family) and the endless treats (thanks Nana). I mean, I would even go as far to say that yesterday's drive could possibly be the smoothest we have ever had in the 6 years we have been parents. There was little to no crying, only one stop, and really only two movies were watched. It was amazing. I attribute it to the new car, but only because I want to justify buying it since we have yet to sell the van (any takers?). It was very easy, though, and we made great time. One unfortunate pastime Malcolm has taken up is chucking cars/ trains at the driver's head. We have yet to find a way to navigate this situation as it seems to come without warning.

who, me?
So here we are at the famed Chattanooga Choo Choo, which everyone here refers to as "the Choo Choo." As in,"Do you want to go down and see the Choo Choo?" and "Does this shuttle take us to the Choo Choo?" It is strange to hear grown people saying such juvenile things to eachother.
Here Henry is lamenting the fact that he didn't find anything in his price range at the souvenir shop. I had said, "Why don't you just wait until we get to North Dakota?" Then I heard the people behind us chuckle. What, is that not something you hear every day?
5 comments:
I miss y'all! Come to DC!
Yay! one Day Down, and it was totally FUN. I have hope for the road trips of my future.
I miss you all sooo much, already!!
It was so nice to have you all here. We're still finding toy cars under the couch, but I think they are all ours :)
as nice as is it to read of your adventures i am a bit saddened by the realization that i am flying back to the us and a in 2 days and you all won't be anywhere near.
Post a Comment