Wednesday, June 24, 2009

blurbs

Well, my posts have been sparse to get you ready for what it will be like while we are on the road/ at the farm.  Actually, we have just been busy.

After the hell that was VBS last week (did I say never again?), I had a weekend at the beach with a few friends from college.  While I was basking in the sun of Hilton Head, Patrick was Superdaddy.  (Happy Father's Day to him!) Don't worry, I got him a rather large bottle of whisky as a FD gift.  He did great, though.  No panicked phone calls, and all the kids still had their limbs when I returned.  To my surprise, the house was in very good shape (paper plates and juice boxes clean up rather quickly).  Patrick did say he can't imagine having to do that for 8 days, and he had a visit from the Aunt Stephie crew to help out! 

So, Stephie, Emi, CJ and Jake (CJ and Jake are celebrities around here) came from Saturday until Monday.  I am waiting on Emi fro some pictures as I forgot my camera.  We did a lot of swimming, went to the museum to see fossils, as Ceci always says, and had a lot of family fun.  

This week, we have been preparing for our drive to North Dakota.  We leave on Friday!  Someone is staying at our house, so I have to have it guest clean.  Easier said than done.  So, I have lots to do.  

1 comment:

LuraLynn said...

I'm glad you got some Girl Time after your 8 day stint. Have safe travels. Did you get my cd contribution? I also made myself a copy and had to forward it from track 8 to track 9 (after the goodnight song). I don't know if it is the cd or my player in my car (it stinks). Anyhoo---see you soon.