Monday, October 26, 2009

consider yourself warned

As there seems to be no end to the ridiculous things Ceci says, let me relay the following conversation from today while Ceci and I were coloring: (are you tired of this yet?)

Ceci: Mommy, what are goblins?
Me: They aren't real.
Ceci: I know, but what are they?
Me: They are kinda like monsters.
Ceci: Except they eat you?
Me: I mean, I guess. But they aren't real.
Ceci: What about '"Can't See Thems?" Are they real?
Me: Can't see... you mean "no see'ums?"
Ceci: No, "can't see'ums." I saw them on that jungle show.
Me: They are called No see'ums. They are little tiny bugs that are hard to see.
Ceci: They are called "Can't see'ums." And they come in storms.
Me: Swarms?
Ceci: No, storms. It's when a whole bunch of them come. A big storm of them. And they tickle you.
Me: I see.

So watch out for those tickling storms of "Can't see'ums" next time you are in the jungle.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

why can't i just live with you and listen to all of the hilarious things your kids say all the time! oh wait.. i think its the times when they're not saying cute and hilarious things!

Ethan said...

I will never get tired of hearing these conversations!

A said...

So silly! I can't wait for this stage to start. I'm sure there will be a lot of these conversations since Jon will be forcing Ansley to watch Jeff Corwin videos!

Alan & Tina said...

We consider ourselves forewarned. Now for that trip to the Amazon!