We had a restful, quiet Christmas this year. Patrick's brother came for a visit and we mostly hung around the house. We had a Christmas Eve picnic of homemade pizza. Christmas Eve was the one day of nice weather for Ryan's visit, so we spread a blanket out and the boys ate Roman style. (I can not eat laying down. It's the weirdest.) I wish I had taken some pictures, but I didn't. After church, we came home and got everyone ready for bed in their new Christmas jammies.
Malcolm playing with his trains.
Henry refusing to smile. (His jammies were too big.)
Me reading to Ceci.
The yearly Christmas Eve pajama pose.
Ceci took this one.
And Christmas morning brought us this:
Notice it is still dark out.
We all enjoyed having "Knuckle Ryan" visit. (That is what Malcolm calls him.) We went for a hike, ate lots of food, played lots of MarioKart, and even worked in a game of Twister. All in all, it was exactly what we needed.
3 comments:
I want to/kind of have started a Christmas Eve jammie tradition! Do you give them as gifts (wrapped)? Do the kids pick them out? Is it a surprise for them?
We give them wrapped the night before. Except I didn't have time to wrap them this year... It is a surprise now, but I assume they will eventually catch on.
Henry is cracking me up in these pictures! He is sulky! Also, "knuckle ryan" reminds me of "jackrick"!
Post a Comment