Friday, January 08, 2010

what is a Snooki, exactly?

I think I am going to make a t-shirt that says, "I am a Jersey born Italian-American, and I am not ridiculous." Have you seen the MTV show, Jersey Shore? Based on what I know the readership of this blog to be, my guess is most of you will answer "No" to that question, so just click on the link. You will get an instant idea of what it is about. These shows are starting to give Jersey a bad name! (As if it needs anyone's help...) First we had the Real Housewives which, if you don't remember, I quite enjoyed. But in the nature of all things New Jersey (and Italian), Jersey Shore is a little over the top. The flat hair. The excessive hookin' up. The guy who nicknamed himself "the Situation" whose hobbies include tannin' and workin' out. (When did tannin' achieve hobby status?) The giant Italian flag painted on the garage door? Come on, who does that? I mean, sure, every good Italian should have a t-shirt that declares, "Not only am I perfect, I'm Italian, too!" and a gold charm of, "the boot kickin' the stone" and even a nice porcelain fountin' in the front yard. But the flag garage door? Well, that's just tacky.

4 comments:

Steph said...

hahaha! this posting is a hoot! As you can guess, the kids LOVE that show! I have seen maybe five minutes of it but hear about it from them. I think I need one of those boots...

Jennifer said...

If you want to boost your annoyance to the next level, try to find the Leno episode where some of the cast came on and played a trivia "game show" - yikes! Their interviews are pretty painful to watch too, although oddly fascinating.

aly said...

We saw that! Well, the game show part. Snooki's answers were amazing.

Unknown said...

We NYC people call Jersey folk "the bridge and tunnel crowd". It appears that you are the exception to the Jersey rule. I can now spot a Jersey crowd within 5 seconds of walking into a bar. In fact, I made a bet that the first band we saw this Saturday was from Jersey. I get free drinks next time!!!