Saturday was beautifus, so we decided to take the kids to Devil's Milhopper for some outdoorsmanship. (For the non-locals, Devil's Milhopper is local state park with a nature trail and an enormous sinkhole, and you can go down a whole bunch of steps to the bottom.) Here we are embarking on the step portion of the park:
The boys on the nature trail. We had a bit of an adventure on the nature trail. Henry and Ceci and I were a little ahead of Malcolm and Patrick, and we were standing at this fork in the trail where one way was for authorized personnel and the other was the way we were supposed to go. I was explaining to Henry why we couldn't go the one way when we heard a loud, troubling hiss from the bushes about a foot in front of us. Kind of like a cat hiss, but louder and with more force. I screamed and ushered the kids right out of there, feeling like we needed to be moving a lot faster than we were. (Typical with kids.) We just went back the way we came.
3 comments:
you do such fun family things. it makes me look forward to having "bigger" kids
where or where did you get your shoes, Ms. Aly? I gotta know!
Ross! They are Vans.
Post a Comment